Benefits of Bridges & Crowns
Benefits of Bridges & Crowns at Dentistry At Somerset
Both crowns and bridges are fixed dental restorations which are used for restoration or replacement of missing natural teeth, respectively. Dental crowns are generally considered superior to teeth fillings due to better esthetics and durability. Similarly, bridges provide improved esthetics and strength in comparison to the removable dentures. Some of the benefits of crowns are bridges are given below.
Benefits of Dental Crowns
Dental crowns can have the following advantages:
- Protection/ Restoration of Tooth Structure – A dental crown is possibly the best protection that your dentist can give to a threatened tooth. Teeth weakened by root canal treatment are also protected with crowns.
- Esthetics– Along with the physical protection, a crown also offers an esthetic advantage. Crowns can be made to restore the original shape of your tooth. Ceramic crowns are strong, and yet very good looking. The color can be matched to the color of the adjacent teeth,restoring or improving upon your original smile.
- Durability-Crowns last the longest of most dental restorations, with a life of fifteen years or more. This is because dental crowns are prepared from high quality and stronger materials.
Benefits of Dental Bridges
- Functional Restoration- With the help of a bridge, we will restore your dental functionality.That is, you will be able to chew and eat efficiently. A bridge will also improve the clarity of speech that may have been lost due to absence of a natural tooth.
- Force Distribution– The bridge structure distributes the chewing force equally to the supporting teeth, making for easier chewing.
- Esthetics– This is also a major benefit of a bridge. Not only do you recover your functionality, you can also restore or even improve your smile with a bridge.
- Durability – Just like dental crowns, bridges also tend to last much longer than removable dentures.
We provide high quality and aesthetically-pleasing crowns and bridges to our patients, so that they can smile again with confidence. Visit us today so that we can restore your smile with dental bridges and crowns.