Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
Do you know that the first thing most people notice upon meeting you is your smile? More than two thirds of Americans believe that a beautiful smile gives you an edge over others in landing a job. A superb smile is indeed an asset. Let’s look at some of the benefits of cosmetic dental treatment:
- Enhance your smile – Not all people are born with the best of smiles and some people have had teeth deteriorate over time. Cosmetic dentistry can do wonders.
- Whitening and Bleaching – Imagine you have an important social engagement coming soon, and you realize your teeth have become stained or discolored. That is the time when cosmetic dentistry will come to your help. Your teeth can be whitened by about seven shades by using whitening trays and gel that can be custom-made for you at our Ames dentist office.
- Cosmetic Restorations – If an unfortunate incident causes you to lose a tooth or part of it, cosmetic dentistry will give you a crown or a bridge to restore your smile or even improve it. In case you develop a cavity, cosmetic dentistry will give you a tooth-colored filling and even a matching crown, if necessary.
- Enjoy Optimal Physical and Dental Health – in improving your smile, you will also restore your dental health, and ultimately, your overall physical health and quality of life.
- Teeth straightening and Reshaping – If your teeth are badly shaped, or have gaps, cosmetic dentistry has various solutions: bonding (using tooth-colored materials), inlays, on-lays, crowns, etc. The result can be beyond your imagination. Patients who have these procedures done consistently say they wish they would have done it sooner.
- TMD/TMJ therapy – temporomandibular joint (TMJ) is the joint which connects the lower jaw with the head and allows jaw movement. Temporomandibular disorders are painful and may affect the appearance of the face negativley. As a result of cosmetic dental treatment, teeth are positioned in ideal angulation and alignment, thereby reducing the chances of development of temporomandibular joint disorders.
Boost Your Social Appeal
A beautiful smile is a big social asset. It enhances your personality and boosts your social appeal. It can also boost your self-esteem, ultimately improving your work productivity and relationships.
Call Dentistry At Somerset today to set up your cosmetic consultation 515-817-1491.