Ames, IA Dentist | Serving Ames, ISU & Central Iowa Communities
United Way of Story County Food Drive – Collecting March 13-May 5
For the 2nd straight year our office is a drop-off location for the United Way’s annual food drive. Once summer starts, area children won’t have access to school-provided meals so the need for food at local pantries is great. Drop off your donations anytime between now and May 5. Thirteen food pantries in Ames, Cambridge, Colo, Huxley, Maxwell, McCallsburg/Zearing, Nevada, Slater/Sheldahl and Story City will receive the donations. Wish list items are below. Checks are also welcomed and should be made out to “United Way of Story County.”
PLEASE check expiration dates!
Canned fruit (especially pineapple and mandarin oranges) | Canned chicken and tuna | Cereal | Soup | Canned meals (ravioli, beef stew, etc) | Macaroni and cheese | Pasta (not whole wheat) and Sauce | Peanut butter and jelly | Boxed/Helper meals
Diapers (size 4-6 & pull-ups) and wipes | Laundry detergent | Shampoo and conditioner | Toilet paper, Paper towels, and Facial tissue | Toothpaste/toothbrushes | Soap | Deodorant | Reusable Bags
Local organizations include:
- United Way of Story County
- Mary Greeley Medical Center & Bliss Cancer Center
- Ames Public Schools & Ames Education Foundation
- Gilbert Public Schools / Gilbert Education Foundation
- Saint Cecilia School
- Ames Emergency Residence Project
- Ames Youth & Shelter Services
- Friendship Arc Homes
- Military personnel at home and abroad
State organizations include:
- Special Olympics Iowa
- Iowa Dental Association’s “Mission of Mercy”
- University of Iowa Children’s Hospital.
National organizations include:
Schedule your appointment today by calling 515-268-0516 or use our online form to send us a message. We can’t wait to meet you.