When it comes to repairing damaged, broken down, or missing teeth, we can do what’s called crowns or bridges, and that’s where we use really strong all ceramic materials to replace the missing tooth structure, to replace missing teeth. And it helps restore, most importantly, the function, which is the most important thing, but also just the cosmetics, the speech, just the overall how a person feels about their bite. And definitely, a bite that is balanced and even is going to function better and work much better in the long term.
Give Your Smile a Lift With Our Restorative Dentistry
Life can take a toll on our teeth, whether it’s due to decay, damage, or tooth loss. But don’t worry, our experienced team is here to restore your oral health and bring back your confident smile with a variety of restorative dentistry services, including:
- Composite Tooth Fillings – When tooth decay strikes, our composite tooth fillings come to the rescue. These fillings are made from a tooth-colored material that blends seamlessly with your natural teeth. They restore the strength and function of your teeth, while ensuring that your smile remains natural and beautiful. Our dentists can also remove old amalgam fillings and replace them with composite.
- Dental Crowns – These tooth-shaped caps are custom-made to fit over your existing tooth, restoring its shape, strength, and function. With our in-office mill, we can make a crown for you in a single visit. So there’s no second trip to our office or hassle of a temporary crown.
- Dental Bridges – Missing one or more teeth can affect your smile and oral health. Dental bridges fill the gaps and restore your smile’s functionality. These prosthetic devices consist of artificial teeth, anchored by dental crowns on the neighboring healthy teeth. With dental bridges, you can regain your ability to speak clearly, eat your favorite foods, and smile with confidence.
- Inlays and Onlays – When a tooth has moderate damage or decay, inlays and onlays provide an effective restorative option. Inlays are used when the damage is limited to the tooth’s center, while onlays cover a larger portion of the tooth’s surface.
- Dentures – For patients missing multiple teeth, dentures offer a removable and cost-effective solution. Dentures can be partial, replacing several missing teeth, or full, when all teeth are missing. Our skilled team will ensure a comfortable fit and natural-looking result.
- Dental Implants – When it comes to tooth replacement, dental implants are the gold standard. These small titanium posts are surgically placed into the jawbone, acting as sturdy foundations for dental crowns, bridges, or dentures. Dental implants provide a long-lasting, natural-looking, and fully functional tooth replacement option.
- Root Canals – When the inner part of a tooth becomes infected or inflamed, a root canal treatment can save the tooth from extraction. The infected pulp is removed, and the tooth is cleaned and sealed. This helps alleviate pain and prevents further damage, allowing you to keep your natural tooth.
At our dental practice, we are proud to offer the latest advancements in restorative dentistry. Our iTero digital scanner allows us to create precise and comfortable restorations, while our Glidewell mill enables us to fabricate them in-house, reducing waiting times and ensuring excellent quality.
Call our office today at 515-337-2244 to schedule a consultation with a restorative dentist in Ames. Let us help you regain your smile’s strength, function, and natural beauty. Besides Ames, we also serve patients from Gilbert, Huxley, Jewell, and Kelley.